Stratos Bi-Weekly Progress Report: November 09, 2022 – November 22, 2022
During the past two weeks, we continued testing newly added features and improving the deficits found.
As mentioned previously, the STOS decimal changes were adapted to various components across the ecosystem, and the adaption for the last piece on the facet is completed. Testing on the Devnet shows that all components are now working as expected. Furthermore, we are able to conduct in-depth tests for various features, including Auto-scaling and suspended node data transfer now.
As for the Stratos Chain Account Compatibility issue mentioned in the previous report, we finished the fixes by changing the whole account address calculation schema from the Cosmos-SDK method to the Ethereum method, which can bring ultimate compatibility for the entire EVM ecosystem. This enables dApp developers to have a smooth migration if they want to launch their Ethereum based dApp on Stratos Chain. Due to these changes, the address for a key generated before Tropos-5 will be changed, although the two addresses will represent the same private key/public key pair. This means the address that holds TROS rewards will be converted to a new address in Tropos-5. If you hold any TROS reward right now on Tropos-4, please take good care of your key file or mnemonic words. Upon the launch of Tropos-5, we will provide further details about how to adapt to the changes. In the best scenario, you won’t need to do anything special but import your key as you might have done before.
The Resource Node Maintenance Request feature has also been completed. This allows Resource Node operators to request a certain amount of time for operational maintenance without having to be punished for being offline. That time is accumulated per year within the threshold and is reset yearly. We are also testing this on Devnet.
In preparation for future security audits, we also cleaned up different legacy codes in the code base.
The Resource Node Monitor Dashboard UI has been completed. It will probably not be released along with Tropos-5 since it still needs some integration work to make it easy to launch with a Resource node. The feature will be available during the Tropos-5 testing before mainnet goes live.
- Stratos Chain Faucet Adapt STOS Decimal changes
- Stratos Chain Account Compatibility(Stratos Chain Changes)
- SDS Resource Node Maintenance Request(Implementation)
- SDS Resource Node legacy API cleanup
- Metanode configuration cleanup
- Metanode File/Slice Indexing Improvement(Implementation)
- Monitoring dashboard UI
- Stratos Chain memory leak Issue
- Stratos Chain Account Compatibility issue (Tropos reward convert)
- SDS Auto-Scaling Replication (scale-down implementation)
- SDS Suspended Node Data Transfer Mechanism(improving)
- SDS Resource Node Maintenance Request(testing)
- Metanode File/Slice Indexing Improvement(testing)
- Metanode API Improvement
- Stratos Decentralized Storage SDK